Saturday 12 July 2014

What's on in Melbourne........

I am thrilled to let you all in on a little secret.
I've been asked to take part in an exhibition of contemporary art and traditional quilts to take place at the
Media House Gallery
in Melbourne from the start of August to the end of September.
The pieces that I've chosen to exhibit aren't new ones but I felt that they filled the brief of
"Stitching Stories"
quite well.
 
 
As part of the Exhibition each of the participants will also include a
"Sentinelle" piece,
the basis of which is a Chartres Queen Panel - linocut and printed onto hand dyed fabric by
Dijanne Cevaal
 
 
this is my lady , pre-embellished

Once the Exhibition has opened I will put my stories and quilts onto the blog to give you a chance at a second peak

2 comments:

  1. how exciting for you! Pity I did not live closer. Hope it goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jude; It will be really interesting to see an exhibition in a different format and with such a diverse mix of talent too!

      Delete