Wednesday 15 August 2012

A little on "Jane"

Jane Stickle completed a quilt in 1863 which has become famous world wide through it's unveiling in a book called Plain and Fancy (Richard Cleveland) and also Brenda Papadakis' interpretation of the patterns.
It is a fabulous album of techniques and fabrics consisting of 169 small square blocks surrounded by a border of cones and alternating solid blocks.
The Australian Quilters Association is holding an exhibition of Dear Jane quilts in February 2013 at the Box Hill Town Hall in Melbourne,Victoria that I am really looking forward to.

AQA flyer for the exhibition
If I work really hard I might just be able to finish mine in time. There's nothing like an event to spur one on to finsh a project. Watch this space!!
My friend Lucia has recently finished hers and it looks fantastic I must say.

Lucia's Quilt (thanks for letting me show this)

I hope that mine comes up as nicely as this; an amazing piece of work. Lucia, you should be very proud of your quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment